Prof Matthew Costa
Dr Susan Wagland
(Trial Admin Coordinator)
Alice Brealy (Trial Data Clerk)
- To quantify and draw inferences on observed differences in Achilles Tendon Rupture Score between the trial treatment groups at 9 months after injury.
- To quantify and draw inferences on observed differences in Achilles Tendon Rupture Score between the trial treatment groups at 8 weeks, 3 and 6 months after the injury.
- To identify any differences in health-related quality of life between the trial treatment groups in the first 9 months after the injury.
- To determine the complication rate between the trial treatment groups in the first 9 months after the injury.
- To investigate, using appropriate statistical and economic analytical methods, the resource use, costs and comparative cost effectiveness between the trial treatment groups.
The following outcome measures will be collected:
- Achilles Tendon Rupture Score
- Resource use
UKSTAR is now CLOSED to RECRUITMENT. Please continue to send in your follow-up questionnaires at 8 weeks, 3 months, 6 months and 9 months after entry into the trial.
31st May 2018: UKSTAR closes to recruitment with a massive 541 participants (1 less than the number on the thermometer view above). Well done everyone!
16th January 2018: Aberdeen recruited the 400th patient to UKSTAR. Congratulations to the team.
On 29th June 2017 Aberdeen recruited to the UKSTAR our 200th patient. Congratulations to the team.
Congratulations to Leeds for becoming our third highest recruiting site in the country.
First married couple in the UKSTAR trial recruited by Aberdeen team.
Congratulations to Dundee for being the UKSTAR 2nd highest recruiting site.
Congratulations to the Aberdeen trial team for recruiting the largest number of participants into the UKSTAR trial to date.
Congratulations to King's College Hospital for recruiting the FIRST participant into the UKSTAR trial.
UKSTAR's protocol is published in BMJ Open. Find it here.
Read more about the UKSTAR Trial on the Oxford Trauma website. Available here.
To see the UKSTAR Trial on ISRCTN - primary clinical trial registry click here.
To see the UKSTAR Trial on Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust website click here.
British Orthopaedic Association: For more reading about Trauma and Orthopaedics in the UK navigate here.
NIHR Journals Library - please access the article about the trial here.